Diversity Visa Lottery for Ethiopia.
7:50 PM 10/21/2020
Diversity visa lottery for Ethiopia born people is the best available opportunity to immigrate to the USA legally and quickly under this draw. Ethiopia Birth, education/work experience requirements should met by the applicants. Lot of Ethiopian people had already immigrated to the USA under this program. It is very important to be selected as a winner in this draw. This American DV program used to attract nearly all the Ethiopian people. There are no restrictions for them to participate in this draw, if their birth had happened in Ethiopia. Also they should meet the education/work experience to get the required entry permits through this annual draw.
People can apply for the DV-2022 program now.
The draw was started on 07th October 2020.
Will close on 10th November 2020.
Don't use Ethiopia calendar date of birth in the E-DV Application Form
2021 Applicant can check their Results from May 2020.
Apply for the American Diversity Visa Program Here.
Primary applicants must have their own Email addresses.
All the Primary applicant must have their valid International Travel Passport Number and its details to fill in the DV application form..
It should be filled
in the Application Form before you submit it. If it is NOT there the form will NOT be accepted for the draw. (Passport is not necessary for the dependants.)
If selected as a winner and if the passport number had changed, KCC ONLY will decide whether to give you visa appointment or to reject your entry.
This is to protect Applicants from Scam Agents. (Now they can't sale your winnings to another person, if you don't pay them.)
Education Requirements For Ethiopians.
- Proof of graduation from 12th grade (including an Ethiopian Leaving Certificate Examination, a University Entrance Exam, or a Higher Education Qualification Exam), showing at least 5 passing grades, or Proof of graduation from a four-year university (or) you must submit official copies of school transcripts along with the above certificates.
- High school Certificate Complete Pass with Compulsory subjects after 12 years of schooling.
- The DV program requires successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the United States. In Ethiopia, the following are acceptable as proof of education:
- An ESLCE (12th grade) or Higher Education Entrance Qualification certificate showing at least five passing grades (A to D), or
- Technical and Vocational programs (TVET) don’t meet the educational requirements of the DV
- There is no need for the applicant to be fluent in English.
- Program requirements are assed and determined according to the U.S. immigration law, and not determined by this Embassy.
Requirements for Ethiopian Applicants.
- Birth happened in Ethiopia.
- Valid International Passport. (It must have your Ethiopian Birth City, if you have another country passport)
- Complete pass in ESLCE
- Should have entered all the eligible dependants in the E-DV entry.
- Good health is required (Must pass the medical examination)
- Clean life without criminal records through police certificate.
- One or more Sponsoring person in the USA (LPR holder or US Citizen), if don't have enough fund to survive.
- Getting DV visas through your work experience with Ethiopia vocational certificate is very difficult one.
- Qualified work experience is defined as at least two years of full-time employment during the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two years of college training or experience. Occupational Skills List can be found at http://online.onetcenter.org.
An Ethiopian person is allowed to submit ONLY one entry with his name as primary applicant in any fiscal year program.
His legal spouse too can include him and their children in her entry as spouse and children in the draw, if she meets the education/work requirements.
Take Note: America Government accepts monogamy marriages (One Wife) only.
- It is not necessary to be a married person to participate in this draw.
- Unmarried person (Single) is allowed to participate in the program.
- Don't agree with your agents' request to make fraud marriages.
- Assisting another person to get an American visa through Fraud marriage is against the law.
- Applicants married to ONE spouse must include his/her spouse and all the unmarried children who are under the age of 21.
- And this must include all their natural children, their previous marriage children along with their legally adopted children.
- Even if the children are not living with the parents or not intended to immigrate to the USA, they should be included in the entry.
- Children who are having American citizenship or LPR (Green Card) should not be included in the E-DV entry.
Participants and dependants must include their digital photo file (with white background) in their birth order. Photo should have been taken recently (within 6 months) according to the requirements of DV Draw. Photos used in DV-2020 and DV2021 should not be uploaded with the DV 2022 application form.
If found that you had used an old DV photo file, your entry will be rejected.
- Don't apply through Agents. Most of the agents don't enter your E-Mail address in the application form.
- They don't give you the true confirmation number.
- This is planned by them to get money from you, if you are selected as a winner.
- They will ask money to provide your confirmation number and the email that was used in the application form.
- So make sure that your AGENT is a trusted person. Otherwise find a good man/company.
- Results for the last held DV-2021 program is now available in the official website from the month of May, 2018.
- Confirmation number and personal details are required to view the selection results.
- Last year, nearly 4,496 winners were selected from Ethiopia. Only 3,500 visas will be available for Ethiopia winners.
- The officer will interview you and adjudicate your application ONLY after you have paid the visa processing fee of US$ 330.
- Only an American consular officer can determine whether you qualify for a visa or not.
- If for any reason your visa is rejected, you can't complain about it or apply against the decision. It is the final.
- At the Diversity Visa interview if you are refused with the visa, your visa processing FEE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
DV-2021 Winners must use DS-260 online visa application form.
- Online Visa Application for DV-Winners DS-260. Here.
- Visa Fees: Here
- Visa Interview: Here
- Affidavit of Support I-134. Here.
- Read this Diversity Visa application processing Information. Here.
Making New Passport.
Ethiopia born people can make their electronic passports in 2-3 days time. They must visit in person at the Main Department for Immigration and Nationality Affairs offices. New passport cost is US$ 117. Need the following documents.
- Visit Ministry of Immigration and Nationality Affairs offices to make the application
- Get two application forms and should fill them duly before submission.
- Four recent passport size Color photos.
- One copy of the identity card
- A copy of the birth certificate.
- Pay correct fee.
- The following payment are accepted: Debit or credit card and Banker’s Draft
- Provide fingerprint in the immigration office and proceed to submit the completed application.
Department for Immigration & Nationality Affairs
Arada Subcity Kebele 05, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Instructions For Ethiopian DV Applicants. - travel.state.gov
DV-2020 programs is officially closed. (Selected Winners 3,856. Visas issued to 1,696)
Under the DV-2021 American visa interviews and processing were on from 01 October 2020. (Selected Ethiopians - 1,974)