DV Lottery Photo Requirements.
9:53 AM 01/06/2017
Diversity visa program (Green Card visa lottery program) participants have to upload a digital color photo file of them along with their E-DV entry form. This photo file should meet the current DV Instructions. To get a perfect photo file, ask one professional photographer or reputed studio. There are many guide lines applies to make a digital photo file for the US visa. Tell the studio people to provide one American visa photo in CD, USB flash drive, memory card or ask them to send it to your email. In this way you can get the photo file easily in to your PC, laptop or Tablet and can use it to apply for the draw.
Transfer Digital Photo.
Transferring through Viber, Whatsapp and Snapchat like programs are not recommended.
These programs used to optimize the images for easy transferring. So you may not get the required quality to meet the draw requirements.
Some people used to apply with the same old photo files for saving money or being lazy to make new photo.
New rules of DV-2018 say, photo files that were used in the previous diversity programs will be rejected.
So capture a new photo for the DV-2019 and it should be less than 6 months old.
Married person? Your spouse photo file too should be uploaded along with her details in the application form.
Applicants with eligible children must upload each of their separate photo files along with their names and details in their birth order.
The rules clearly indicate that all photos must be recently taken one. (Within 6 months on the date of application.)
Don't submit entry without image (any of the eligible members of your family or your spouse). The entry will not be accepted by the system and it will be shown to you with the error.
Group photos, black and white, monochrome, or grayscale ones will not be accepted with the application form.
Get photograph with digital camera, Smartphone or Tablet. Also you can scan a photo print according to the instructions.
Guidelines, for taking a photo for the diversity visa draw.
- The person must face the camera straight, and the head not in tilted position.
- Don't wear eye glasses.
- Head cover or caps are not allowed (except for religious belief).
- Back ground space behind the person must be light colored wall or board.
- Photo must be in good focus.
The digital image must confirm to the following compositional specifications as per the DV-2017 visa lottery program.
- Image File Format: The image must be in the Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format.
- Image File Size: The maximum image file size is 240 kilobytes (240 KB).
- Image Resolution: Minimum 600 X 600 pixels up to1200 X 1200px (Width and height must be equal).
- Image Color Depth: 24-bit color [Note: Color photographs are required. Black and white, monochrome images (2-bit color depth), 8-bit color, or 8-bit grayscale will not be accepted.
If you are going to scan a photograph through the scanner for the draw, then you have to adjust the scanner setting as given here.
- Resolution: Scanning resolution, at least 150 dots per inch (dpi).
- File Format: Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format.
- Size: 240 kilobytes (240 KB) or less.
- Resolution: 600 by 600 pixels up to 1200px X 1200px (Width and height must be equal)
- Color Depth: 24 bit color.
OUR ADVICE: GET YOUR PHOTO TAKEN BY A STUDIO BY SEPTEMBER.
Photos source: Dept. of State U.S