DV Lottery Winners In The USA.
8:22 PM 11/12/2017
DDV Lottery winners who are legally staying with vslid visitor, work or other kinds of visas in the USA can apply for to adjust their current status to LPR status. To do this their case numbers should be current in the coming months. So, keep watching the monthly visa bulletin to see whether your case number had been published in the announcement. If it is published then your case number is going to be current in the coming months.
Once you see that you had been selected for the program take a print out of the winner display page.
(If you meet the DV Lottery programs' eligibility requirements.)
Now you are eligible to submit adjustment of status applications to the USCIS Office.
If your dv case number is 2019AF0012345.then 2019 is the year, AF is the continent (Africa, in this case). The 12345 is your immigrant number. Check the visa bulletin in which month you are eligible to file.
- Application Process.
- To obtain a Green Card, you must file Form I-485.
- DV winner in the USA must provide affidavit of support through I-184 at the time when filing for adjustment of status to get LPR.
- Police clearance and medical reports are necessary for the primary applicant and her/his dependants..
- Supporting Evidence for Form I-485
- Download, fill out, print and sign documents I-485 and G-325A.
- Get copies of your passport, birth certificate, school diploma, driver's license, tax documents, and other documents to prove you're legal in the States. This would include copies of H1, F1, Visitor visas etc.
- Search the USCIS website for the closest civil surgeon to get your medicals done.
Inform the doctor this is for your I-485 application.
Obtain the documents filled out by the doctor (don't open them) and add that to your stack of documents.
Submit the following evidence with your Form I-485:
- Processing fee is US$ 330 for primary applicant and if he got any dependants then each of them too must pay the fee.
- Get a money order or cashier's check for the I-485 application. Check latest visa fee details in the USCIS site.
- Bind up all those documents neatly and send them by US Postal Service (NOT By Courier Service) to the Chicago Lockbox address (this should be in the I-485 instructions document you download).
- They should send you a receipt of notice in a couple of weeks and give you instructions to take your fingerprints, etc, if everything is in order.
- If you don't hear from them, just set up an INFOPASS appointment on the USCIS website.
- Remember, there's a deadline to obtain visas (September 30 the following year you received the DV winner notice), so keep pressing them.
- The adjustment of status process for diversity visa winners must be completed by September 30 of the fiscal year of the lottery pertains to. Otherwise the winning will go null.
- More Information.Here
Main Eligibility Requirements.
- Had been selected for the current diversity visa Lottery program.
- Valid reason to stay in the USA, with valid visa.
- Born in an Eligible country and must have the required education/work experience.
- Have an immigrant visa immediately available at the time of filing an adjustment application (Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status); and
- Are admissible to the United States.
Supporting Documents to the I-485 form.
Submit the following evidence with your Form I-485:
- Form G-325, Biographic Information. (Applies for those who are between the age of 14 and 79)
- Two American passport style photos
- Copy of birth certificate
- Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
- Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa (if applicable)
- Copy of passport page with admission (entry) or parole stamp (if applicable)
- Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record
- Certified copies of court records (if the individual has been arrested)
- Copy of the principal applicant's selection letter for the diversity visa lottery from DOS
- Copy of the receipt from DOS for the diversity visa lottery processing fee
- Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility (if applicable)
- Applicable fees.
Once a monthly Visa Bulletin is published, those who are with a lower rank number than the rank cut-off number shown in Section C of the visa bulletin is eligible to file for adjustment of status under this draw.
This early form submission idea provides lottery winners the opportunity to file their adjustment of status up to six or seven weeks before a visa number can actually be allocated. This process gives USCIS extra time to check and determine your eligibility for adjustment of status before the end of the fiscal year program.
Take note that a Diversity Immigrant based adjustment application cannot be adjudicated until a visa can be allocated, as indicated in the Visa Bulletin's current Diversity Immigrant rank cut-offs for a particular month.
Application processing for Green card under the DV Lottery Winner category.
Separate forms should be used for the primary applicants and his/her dependants.
When you find your case number is going to be current, you must file the Form I-485.
- Your country must not be a banned country, listed in the American President's E.O of Feb 2017.
- The adjustment of status process should be completed by September 30 which is the official closing date of the FY program.
- After this date the wining will go as null.
- Visas of the previous FY programs cannot be carried over to the next fiscal year program.
- These immigrant visas are valid for 6 months only from the date of issuing.
- More details about the Form I-485 and related Fees: uscis.gov/i-485
- Affidavit of support I-184 is a form which sponsor files on your behalf when you are applying for a green card or immigrant visa.
- The purpose of the form is to show that you have the financial means to live in the United States without needing welfare or financial benefits from the U.S. government. Determine if you need an Affidavit of Support. Each of the dependants too should provide Affidavit of support from a US Citizen or USA LPR holder.