DV Lottery Winners In The USA.
DV Lottery winners who are being selected under the current program DV-2016 and staying temporarily in the USA legally can apply for to adjust their current status to LPR status when their case numbers are current in a given month. Keep watching the monthly visa bulletin to see the advance notice of the case numbers that going to be current in the coming months.
Main Eligibility Requirements.
- Have been selected for a diversity visa in the visa lottery for the current visa Lottery program.
- Born in an Eligible country and must have the required education/work experience.
- Have an immigrant visa immediately available at the time of filing an adjustment application (Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status); and
- Are admissible to the United States.
Once a monthly Visa Bulletin is published, those who are with a lower rank number than the rank cut-off number shown in Section C of the visa bulletin is eligible to file for adjustment of status.
This early form submission idea provides lottery winners the opportunity to file their adjustment of status up to six or seven weeks before a visa number can actually be allocated. This process gives USCIS extra time to check and determine your eligibility for adjustment of status before the end of the fiscal year program.
Take note that a Diversity Immigrant based adjustment application cannot be adjudicated until a visa can be allocated, as indicated in the Visa Bulletin's current Diversity Immigrant rank cut-offs for a particular month.
Application processing for Green card under the DV Lottery Winner category.
Separate forms should be used for the primary applicants and his/her dependants.
When you find your case number is going to be current, you must file the Form I-485.
Supporting Documents to the I-485 form.
Supporting Evidence for Form I-485
Submit the following evidence with your Form I-485:
- Form G-325, Biographic Information. (Applies for those who are between the age of 14 and 79)
Two American passport style photos
- Copy of birth certificate
- Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
- Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa (if applicable)
- Copy of passport page with admission (entry) or parole stamp (if applicable)
- Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Record
- Certified copies of court records (if the individual has been arrested)
- Copy of the principal applicant's selection letter for the diversity visa lottery from DOS
- Copy of the receipt from DOS for the diversity visa lottery processing fee
- Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility (if applicable)
- Applicable fees.
The adjustment of status process for DV-2016 winners must be completed by September 30, 2016.
Adjustment of status processing for DV-2017 winners must be completed by September 30, 2017.
After this date the wining will go as Null
Visas of DV-2016 and DV-2017 cannot be carried over to the next fiscal year.
These immigrant visas are valid for 6 months only from the date of issuing.
More details about the Form I-485 and related Fees: uscis.gov/i-485
An affidavit of support I-184 is a form that a sponsor files on your behalf when you are applying for a green card or immigrant visa. The purpose of the form is to show that you have the financial means to live in the United States without needing welfare or financial benefits from the U.S. government. Determine if you need an Affidavit of Support. Each of the dependants too should provide Affidavit of support from a US Citizen or USA LPR holder.